Faust's Q&A trend

cette partie est réservée uniquement aux topics concernant les instruments, conseils et toute chose concernant la musique et vous.

Modérateur: Beck team

Faust's Q&A trend

Messagede Dr.Faust » 17 Juin 2010 04:07

So... I tend to ask a lot of questions about music so I just made this trend so I can ask them with out flooding the forum. Other people can ask questions here too if they like too just don't for get to put "@so and so" on your post. So here we go Question 1.

Q1. I'm gonna earns some money to get a new guitar and I'm narrowing it down to 2 choices, so I was wondering which guitar should I pick, witch one is better or worse. I've played both like them both the vary much.

Choice 1. ESP F-100FM Electric Guitar ( http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-F-100FM-Electric-Guitar-516678-i1149041.gc)

Choice 2. Fender Standard Telecaster Electric Guitar ( http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Standard-Telecaster-Electric-Guitar-105156830-i1432037.gc )
Dernière édition par Dr.Faust le 17 Juin 2010 16:24, édité 1 fois.
Dr.Faust
musicien mediocre

Re: Faust's Q&A trend

Messagede Aveuh » 17 Juin 2010 08:49

Could you please correct the links ? Use the [ url] tags (like this [ url="http://www.yourwebsite.com"]) to give us proper links :)
We pretend it's personality
But it's really sexuality
We put faith in love and honesty
But the stuff that makes our history and sets us free is curiosity

Pain of Salvation - Curiosity
Aveuh
Admin très con à la retraite

Messagede Leck » 17 Juin 2010 11:53

The ESP is a super strat, a very reliable instrument, whith it you can venture into very technical playing (from Van Halen to Dragonforce to Vai)

The Tele... It's a "soud". You got to love it or leave it. I love the sound of Telecasters, but when I pluged a mexican Fender Standard Telecaster into a Vox Ac30, There was no Magic. It's a guitar that fit your playing or not.
La distortion, c'est pour les garçons,
Et le Feedback, ça donne la niaque.
Mais les solos ça donne chaud,
Alors les filles se déshabillent.

Jacques Prévert.
Leck
Poète De Cave

Messagede Dr.Faust » 17 Juin 2010 16:25

links fixed and one of the guitars were edited.
Dr.Faust
musicien mediocre

Messagede Aveuh » 17 Juin 2010 16:49

Well I don't really know about the pickups of the LTD, but usually ESP/LTD are more like guitars for metal music ... or at least hard rock. On the other side, the Telecaster as said by Leck is more of a "sound" with a lot of personality. And that sound is much more of a bleusy/jazzy kind.

I'd say it really depends on what you're planning to play. The LTD might be a little more polyvalent but with less personality.

My advice (which is always the same :D) : go on and test them until your heart goes for one or the other :)
We pretend it's personality
But it's really sexuality
We put faith in love and honesty
But the stuff that makes our history and sets us free is curiosity

Pain of Salvation - Curiosity
Aveuh
Admin très con à la retraite

Messagede Leck » 18 Juin 2010 08:56

Or even a totally different guitar: I was looking for a hollowbody with Bigsby or a Telecaster, I bought a Jazzmaster.
La distortion, c'est pour les garçons,
Et le Feedback, ça donne la niaque.
Mais les solos ça donne chaud,
Alors les filles se déshabillent.

Jacques Prévert.
Leck
Poète De Cave

Messagede Dr.Faust » 18 Juin 2010 09:15

Ya know I've never felt comfortable playing Strats, I always love teles, the necks on strats and jazzmasters were always to fat for my hand but hay I'm just a 1 year (really 2 year serious for 1 year thought.) guitar player so what do i know. Anyway I don't need to spend more than $500 tops for a guitar. list your suggestions if you guys like just no Deans, Strats, or Ibanez just can't seem to get a fell for those.

On another note I have another question (see I ask a lot of questions)

I've been having problems with the finger picking and pull offs on the song Picking on Me by Skunk Anansie. The song seem simple but I have problems doing the pull off on fret 2 string 1 and the picking that leads after it. I've tried picking this in all kinds of ways but they never come out smooth they always come out like I'm tonging notes on my flute or some thing, and my pull offs never come out right on any song I play. Any advice.

Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWkpqb6Zo3k

tabs
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/s/skunk_anansie/pickin_on_me_tab.htm
Dr.Faust
musicien mediocre

Messagede Chewy » 22 Juin 2010 05:37

For your guitar problem, just go to several stores, ask for guitars around your budget, and try them all. That's the best way to find the one you need :D
Chewy
Chewpatate

Messagede Dr.Faust » 14 Juil 2010 08:31

Has anyone here played a Luna gutiar
Dr.Faust
musicien mediocre

Retourner vers Questions, avis, conseils